Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Manchester, CT

  Main Street Auto in Manchester, Connecticut gets a Thumbs Down in the Customer Service Department.

     This past Saturday I went for emissions testing at the gas station/ repair shop on Main Street in the downtown district of Manchester, CT and the overall experience left me extremely insulted.  I couldn't believe how an establishment could treat their returning clientele in the manner they did .  I arrived at Main Street auto in Manchester, CT around ten in the morning expecting to be in and out without a hassel; what actually happened was the total opposite.

   The performance from the attendant at Main street Auto was uncalled for and rude.  He was far from friendly and on top of it, he insulted two paying customers.  I approached the only attendant who was using a leaf blower in the garage area and asked him about the emissions test , I got a smug response that gave me the impression he couldn't be bothered . He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and then told me to put the keys, registration and $20 on the counter . So we did and sat in the waiting area for over 30 minutes for this guy to blow leaves around in a circle before attending to his paying clients . By time the attendant had come and got our keys there were two other customers in the lobby waiting on this guy for gas and other repairs. When the attendant from Main Street Auto in Manchester, CT finally entered the lobby  he came in with an annoyed look on his face and answered another customer with a obviously sarcastic response that was not professional at all.  We've all seen rude service before and I wouldn't purposely try to ruin business for anyone but this place shouldn't be able to get away with service that is so beyond subpar.

     When the attendant finally began the emissions test , he was in there for no more than five seconds when we heard , "What a piece of ****, " being screamed and tools dropping.   When he finished we asked him how the engine sounded and he responded with, "Get yourself a new vehicle, the motor is about to go".  This guy is supposed to be a professional , ya right more like a real jack ass.  This was a newly acquired viehicle that we had already had looked at elsewhere and told it was great.  This new second opinion was quite alarming and even more so in the manner it was addressed.  It was said in front of other customers with no attempt to break the news easily, elaborate on the situation, offer advice, or tell me about services that I might need.  Talk about missing the opportunity to make a sale.  I left with a slew of unanswered questions and an uneasy feeling about the fate of my new car.  Main Street Auto in Manchester, CT will never get my business again or the business of anyone I know.   Their customer service was the worst I have ever experienced,  stay away from Main Street Auto in Manchester Ct.

If any one else has had a similar experience please comment on your experience I would like to here all about it thank you.

1 comment:

  1. manchester is a great place to live but there school systems arn't that good

    ReplyDelete